My Future Life as a Politician

I would like to, in the future, become a politician. In this context I mean more than someone who is simply engaged in politics, I mean an actual holder of office. I admit now that I am woefully uneducated on how 'the system' actually works, but I also admit that I have quite a few ideas on how it should work. (Meaning I'm just like everyone else at this point.) The law as it stands today, and those who uphold it, is meant to deter people like me, that is poor, gay, and black people, amongst many others. Additionally, there is no social means with which someone from a disenfranchised standing can climb the political ladder and effect change. In essence people are not free. We are not free. We are living our lives working for the betterment of someone else. This in contrast with working to better our society. So I, being the world changer and world improver that I want to be, must make this injustice right. 

Consider this case:
  1. Person A is born into a poor family
  2. Family loses house when children are around 11 years old.
  3. Children are now in and out of school and have no direction on how to move up.
  4. Children grow up and are now behind similarly aged people in all metrics.
It's easy to say that these people didn't try enough, but what would they try for. They had a life in front of them, that life was ripped away. Everything that they knew, their scope of possibility had to change. Their parents give up, they give up. They see the loss around them and are given no help. They don't know how to climb the college ladder. They don't know how to obtain credit. They don't know how to live their lives well. We can always teach them later but so much of their life is already gone. 

Consider this case:
  1. Parents A and B don't go to college.
  2. Children see a happy life without college, so don't attend.
  3. Bankers make stock market crash. 
  4. Parents livelihood is removed. 
  5. Family spirals out of control. 
This case is mainly showing how poor people who live well enough off can be set off course by things completely out of their control. An elite class completely dictates the course of their lives and they have to go with the flow. There are no social programs to help them up or educate them. Once they're off they have to fend for themselves. The problem being we don't live in that type of world anymore. We don't 

That's enough rambling. This was my first try. I hope I get better at this lol.

You ought to meet the people that live with your decisions. 
In the worlwind of forward thinkers, something precious has been lost. The feeling of home. 

Comments